Download our Client Information Document for:
During the winter months we recommend having your heating on slightly higher than usual. This will help you to stay cosy and warm during your massage. If you do tend to feel the cold more than most, you are welcome to have a spare blanket at hand for extra comfort!
What to wear
We advise wearing something comfortable and easy to undress/dress from. Lounge wear or loose gym clothes work well. If you're at home, feel free to wrap up in your dressing gown - it will save you trying to put on clothes over oily skin! Underwear such as briefs, boxers or knickers should be worn as matter of hygiene and policy.
Hydration is very important following a massage so drink plenty of water and/or herbal tea. If you are visiting us for a massage, please bring a bottle of water to your appointment. Good hydration will help aid in the recovery of tissues, especially following any deeper work.
We supply relaxation music to play during treatments, but if you’d like to play your own music or prefer silence then that's no problem, just let your therapist know at the beginning of your session. If you're at home and would like to burn incense or light a few candles then this is entirely your preference, whatever helps you to relax and soak up all the goodness from your session.
PREPARING FOR YOUR MASSAGE
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note: We have different terms and conditions depending on your booking type. If you are making a booking for a group, holiday or an office visit then you will be sent separate terms and conditions relevant to your circumstances. The conditions below are for individual bookings only.
Should you need to cancel or rearrange your appointment please give us as much notice as possible, as last minute changes often result in a loss of earnings to the therapist. Therefore, changes (rescheduling or cancelling) made within 24 hours of appointment will be charged 50% of the treatment fee. On-the-day cancellations or missed appointments will be charged the full treatment fee.
If booking online, you can use our safe and easy payment process where the full treatment fee will be required to complete the booking. If you're booking for a group then you'll be sent an invoice where you'll have the option to pay by BACs or via an online method. Payment can also be taken over the phone. Please note: bookings are not confirmed until payment have been received. Sales receipts are available upon request.
Minimum Booking Time and Charges
We do our best to accept bookings that span all corners of the Cotswolds. Therefore, we have “minimum booking times” or “rules” that dictate the minimum time you’d need to book for your location. If you need to reduce your booking once it’s been made and this means it would drop below the minimum booking time/fee required, we would not be able to reduce the fee past the minimum. This is to ensure more extensive travel is accounted for.
EG. If you’ve made a 3 hour booking and the minimum booking time for your location is 3hrs but someone in your group has dropped out, we would still need to charge for 3 hours for it to be worth travelling to your location.
Parking and Access
Please consider whether your home is suitable to receive mobile massage services as our equipment can be heavy and is not designed to be carried far. It is essential that we have safe access and parking for your mobile session to take place. This means private parking/ a designated space next to the house or plentiful roadside parking. We will not be able to offer services where we'd need to cross a main road with our equipment or travel from a carpark or area more than 100 yards away. If your property has lots of steps or other steep or difficult access then we may require your assistance.
The average safe loading weight for our massage tables is 18 -35 stone. Therefore if the person receiving treatment is over this weight category please check via our contact tab that your therapists table is able to support you safely.
Coupons should be used at the time of booking to receive the discount. Please select "add time" rather than "continue" to select multiple dates when making your bookings online. Please be aware that we cannot backdate discounts so please ensure you have entered the discount code before checkout. We can assist you over the phone whilst you make you booking if you're unsure. Please note: discounts are not available for bookings made at Burleigh Court Hotel.
Please enter your unique voucher code in the discount code area during the booking process. Vouchers are redeemable within the dates specified on each individual voucher. Vouchers redeemed outside of these dates will not be accepted. Please ensure that the person who will be receiving the treatment has suitable access to their home and are able to accommodate space for the massage table.
If coming for a treatment at our home-therapy room, please try to arrive on time for your appointment or notify us if you’re running late. If you do arrive then we will complete the session in the remaining time.
Cotswold Mobile Massage has a zero tolerance policy to inappropriate behaviour. We reserve the right to terminate a treatment with immediate effect and without refund if the client demonstrates behaviour including but not limited to: intimidation, verbal aggression, physical violence, evidence of intoxication or sexual behaviour.
1. Consent: If you fill in our website's contact form or use our online booking system, you are allowing Cotswold Mobile Massage to hold your personal information. If you don't wish for your contact details to be saved, you may state so in your original message or by contacting us directly at any time. The information you supply during your initial consultation for massage treatment will be held together with any further clinical records to make up your complete Client Record. Your personal contact information will only be used for the purposes of contacting you regarding an up coming booking, an appointment reminder or following up after your treatment.
2. Storing your information: Your information and digital records are stored on an password protected computer, secure Cloud Server and; where applicable; on the secure control panel for this website. Any paper records are stored in a secure, fire-proof unit.
3. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask us to destroy your records at any time, if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
4. Accessing your information: Your personal information and information obtained during your initial consultation will only be used for the purposes of informing your treatment and will never be shared with any third party without your explicit written consent. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email, in a PDF format.
5. Sharing your information: Your information will be kept strictly confidential, unless there are legal grounds for us to disclose something you have shared. We shall always inform you if we feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first. If there's reason for your information to be shared between therapists for the purposes of your treatments then your permission will be sought before any information is shared.
6. Complaints: If, for any reason, you are unhappy with how we are handling your data, please raise your concerns with us first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
7. Covid-19: If one of our working therapists or clients reports they have contracted the virus or have been accidentally exposed to someone with confirmed Covid-19, we will immediately contact anyone that been in close proximity to us in the last 14 days. In the event of this, we will make contact by phone and email to ensure you get the message as quickly as possible. Our practice will also close for a minimum 7 day period.